- You can learn anything if you have a goal that requires it.
- Learning how to learn is the core skill.
- Anyone can learn faster by structuring the information.
- Intelligence is not fixed.
- Knowledge and skills overcome obstacles.
- Everything to which you were paying attention, either consciously or unconsciously , will be remembered permanently.
There are a number of stages to learn:
The Right States of Mind
There are six aspects for this:
- Find a personal reason to want to learn this materials.
- Translate these reasons into motivation
- Find a way to make the materials relevant to you
- Have positive expectation
- Have a calm mind
A Variety of Ways of Inputs
- Play to your strengths in term of how you process information.
- Make a general outline of what you are learning.
- Ask what do I already know about this.
- Break the materials into small chucks.
- Summarise the material out loud
Exploring from different Angles
There are 7 type of intelligences:
- Linguistic intelligence-Describe the materials out lout.
- Logical-mathematical intelligence-Use a flowchart or diagram.
- Spatial intelligence-Make an image of the material.
- Musicale intelligence-Play background intelligence as you learn.
- Interpersonal intelligence-Teach someone else.
- Intrapersonal intelligence-ruminate on the material.
- Bodily intelligence-Use index cards.
Decide to remember, take regular breaks, Review notes regularly, etc.
Showing you Know
Demonstrating to yourself that you really do understand and remember increases your learning.
Reviewing and Reflecting in the Process
After every learning session, review the process you follow.